Friday, March 2, 2012

Maternity photoshoot with Spetz at Blow-Up Babies

Dear Baby P,

While your Papa and I are very much excited to see you, we had to keep ourselves busy and spend quality time together before we officially become lifetime Mama and Papa, as what my favorite pregnancy sites advise. One of the fun things we thought of doing was to have ourselves photographed as expectant parents, in order for me to visually document and share with you our joyful anticipation of our Pelikitot.



I wanted our photography concepts to be original and as timelessly beautiful as possible, and many popular photography studios are just within reach from our home, particularly in SM North. But I still scouted for other studios that particularly do not just typically print studio shots with white backgrounds, and those that have a huge collection of props so that there could be more variety in terms of choosing our desired concept and that the tendency for concepts to be the same with most customers would be less likely. I also considered choosing a pet-friendly studio where we could bring Spetz along and be part of our photoshoot. I finally chose Blow-Up Babies at Serendra for this matter.

Spetz, a white medium terrier and Japanese Spitz mix, was already three years and ten months old when I scheduled him, your Papa and me for the photoshoot. Your Papa and I consider him our ‘first baby’ when we had him three years before we got married. Your Papa and I treat him almost like a human baby, where we bring him regularly to the veterinarian for his required vaccines, we groom him every week, we walk him around pet-friendly parks, and we supply him with organic dog food, vitamins and lactose-free milk. We even brought him to a surgeon to have his tail docked because it got infected from his self-biting. After the surgery, I had to compromise my time at work to tend to his wound for weeks. It was not easy to take care of a dog that we treated as family. Because of Spetz, we could say that we had somehow prepared ourselves for basic parenting. I really wanted Spetz to be part of our photoshoot so that your Papa and I could have a special remembrance of his cuteness. I also want you to be friends with him while you’re still our only biological baby yet. He’s very playful and energetic, and most of all he is a very loving doggie!

Solo pictures of Spetz


By the time I decided to schedule a shoot at Blow-Up Babies Serendra, your Papa and I brainstormed for photography concepts and finally decided on three: Classic (an existing and popular basic concept for maternity photoshoots), Sports, and Formal. We just had to make use of any clothing we have at home and made sure that the supplementing props were available at the studio. And they all were! Our photoshoot happened when I was on my 29th week of pregnancy.


Classic theme
Sports theme

Formal theme


Our experience with Blow-Up Babies was fun and relaxing. The studio had various props and backgrounds, and aside from the various existing concepts they have, they even welcome new concepts desired by their customers. We were well taken care of by our photographer Chao and the other staff. And because Blow-Up Babies offers membership privileges for a whole year, I decided to sign up. Your Papa and I are planning to have a photoshoot again when you’re finally in our arms! We’re already talking about the concepts we have in mind for your future photoshoots on your different stages of growth, starting from your third month!


No comments:

Post a Comment