Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Surprise baby shower for the first Vivaca baby!

Dear Baby P,

I just wanted to share with you a special day I had with Vivaca, my group of high school friends whom your Papa gathered to throw me a baby shower! Although the surprise failed to be kept a secret from me a few days before the event, I was still very touched and happy to be entertained (instead of me entertaining). It was February 26 and I was 31 weeks pregnant.


It is commonly advised to start investing in baby’s material needs as early as the start of the third trimester or the seventh month of pregnancy. Your Papa once shared with me before, during my first trimester, his thought of throwing me a baby shower. I initially hesitated because I felt uncomfortable with the idea of ‘begging’ for gifts. But when your Papa threw me one with Vivaca, I had no regrets and I was even thankful to them who went that far to welcome you even before you would be born!

We held the baby shower in our clubhouse at Magnolia Place, and had karaoke which we actually often did and never get tired of doing ever since our high school days. Actually, karaoke is our staple hobby together and we can’t live anywhere without it. We also played a funny baby game that made me laugh the whole time. I was laughing so hard, that I worried later on if my excessive laugh might have affected your oxygen supply!


On that day, I received gifts that I never knew we needed. I am really thankful because everything I received from your future ninangs would be very useful for you and me for a very long time, and I was really delighted as I opened each of them.

Nursing pillow from Kamil and Ivy: A breastfeeding necessity! I’ll be bringing this to the hospital!


An educational toy and a comforter with mosquito net from Day and Annalyn: I wouldn’t have to worry anymore about mosquitoes!


Playgym from Toni: I wouldn’t worry much anymore about your amusement!


Cloth set, bonnet, socks and mittens from Guada: My go-to set to keep you warm!


Mango tart from Diana: She came all the way from Jeddah!

Gift from Jy: She was not able to come but she sure has a gift for you!

We went home carrying these things that would remind me that you’re well on your way into our arms. We finally had goodies to add to the complete newborn clothing essentials I received from our family in Bicol. I know you’ll appreciate all these and we’ll be more thrilled when you finally get to use them. Thanks to your Papa and to Vivaca for this unforgettable baby shower in anticipation of the first Vivaca baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment