Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Music scene flashback: The First Big Party of 2011 (Bob Sinclar in Manila)

It had been a long time since I partied on a real dance floor. My party days in college were the best I could remember having ever since I started working. So when I heard that Bob Sinclar was coming to Manila, I didn’t want to miss the chance!


The First Big Party of 2011 happened in January 15 at the World Trade Center in Pasay. Pol and I got VIP tickets which turned out to be not as different as the regular one that was PhP 500 cheaper.


Why Pol and I like Bob Sinclar’s music is that it’s different from that of other club DJs, where he often mixes house beats and reggae tunes together. It was during the first months of our relationship that we often went to Xaymaca together and listened to Doobie Nights on Jam 88.3. It’s refreshing for us to hear reggae fused with house.

Since I am not part of the exclusive sophisticated society of superclub partygoers who are deeply knowledgeable about the different genres within the electronic dance music range, I admit that some trance tracks I hear for example feel like they sound the same to my ears even if they absolutely do not. Bob Sinclar’s songs are easier for us to distinguish, remember, and even sing along to because his music is lyrical too. And because I really love dancing, the house beats are very much welcome. I actually prefer dancing to electronic music over hip hop and R&B. And I can see that a gazillion of pop artists, like LMFAO and even Rihanna, are now widely singing to electronic dance beats.

My super favorite Bob Sinclar song so far is “What a Wonderful World”. Too bad, he didn’t play it on that night. But I still managed to dance all throughout the party. Had he played my favorite song, I could have danced better and wilder. LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment