Saturday, January 28, 2012

To my Baby P

Dear Baby P,

You would probably be reading this at least a few years from now. I write to you now as you grow inside my belly, marking the 27th week of our intimate journey together.

Ever since I learned about you coming into my life, I had long planned to write about my thoughts, feelings and experiences in a pregnancy journal for me, your Papa, and especially you, to read in the future. I searched through all bookstores and even online stores, but being a meticulous person that I am, I never found anything that was good enough to last a lifetime. I then decided to create my own handmade pregnancy diary, which however did not materialize because of my penmanship's deterioration resulting from the evolution of writing with the use of keyboard.

I initially set up this blog before you were conceived, where the original plan was to just establish another blog about the things I was personally into. I have had numerous blog sites before, but with this new blog I wanted to organize and document things in a more professional manner. The main categories I had in mind were mainly on travel, music, beauty, health, relationships, current events – the usual things any blogger would share her experience about. I thought of having this blog because I was only posting photo albums of those categories in mind in my social networking sites, and suddenly I felt the need to write about them so I could remember how it felt being in those moments when those photos were being taken.

I was able to set up this blog, but was not able to post anything for months. I had just left my job and used my free months to work on getting back to my healthy shape and to travel more. These were the things I was able to do in exchange for time being in front of the computer. I figured I would just blog about them when I would feel the natural urge to write without forcing it.

The five-month long break from being employed was one of the best breaks of my life. It was all pure, worry-free enjoyment I had with my family, your Papa, and myself. Looking back, I realized that I was also at my best condition in terms of health and emotional capability to be able to conceive you, my little angel.

You might be wondering why it took me 27 weeks to finally post something in this blog. It was because I resorted at first to just write about my pregnancy thoughts in the little pregnancy section of a baby book that I assumed I would be receiving as a childbirth gift. But this little pregnancy section probably only has at most three pages, and it was not enough for me to thoroughly share my wonderful experiences during the nine long months of pregnancy.

I realized that this is my first pregnancy, and this is a very special milestone for you, your Papa and me. I was pretty sure that I will remember these nine months you and I are going through together, but I am sure too that I would soon be preoccupied with other things to remember when I finally have you in my arms. I still have my original categories to write about in my blog, but I decided to add the newest and most special category in my life, which is parenthood. I made this first post as a letter to you, and I finally feel the natural urge to post more letters to you in this blog. This year is also your year of birth, and so I wanted you and me to have something to look back to from the very first month of 2012.

No matter how long it would take for you to be able to connect with me through this journal, what matters is that this will not easily disappear, and you will be able to read this wherever you would be and what ever gadget you would be using. I hope this journal would remind you and me of the very special bond we had together from the very first day of your conception, even when the time comes that I grow old and could barely remember. Your Papa and I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment