Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gifts from your Papa and our family in Bicol



Dear Baby P,

Just when I thought our Christmas and New Year celebrations were over, I was in for a surprise!

Your Papa, Mommy, Daddy and I just came home from our New Year celebration from Edsa Shangri-La when a neighbor handed us a package she received on our behalf since there was no one home on December 31. I opened the package and found two magazines, both back issues of Yummy and Good Housekeeping. Inserted in the package was a letter. The letter said I would be receiving two-year subscription of Smart Parenting as a gift from your Papa!

A 'preliminary' gift from Papa

So that was the gift he was telling me about when he handed me weeks before a special edition issue of SmartParenting magazine, called “Smart Pregnancy”, as his ‘first installment’ gift. I actually already had a clue and he was somewhat disappointed with himself when I already knew it before I would receive it, but I assured him that I really appreciated his gift very much and it’s everything I would need as a first-time parent. Your Papa said the first issue we would be receiving is the March 2012 issue. We’re so excited!

A few days after, your Papa picked up a package from LBC. The package was said to contain Christmas gifts for me, your Papa, your Mommy and Daddy, from our family in Bicol. We opened the box and I was surprised to see baby gifts for you! It was a complete basic set for my labor bag essentials! Thanks to your Mama Yin, Mama Myr, Ate Ding, Papa Mike, Ate Che, Kuya Mic, Ate Geli, Ate Gela and Tita Vicky!

Special delivery from Legazpi City!

We are all excited for you, Baby P, because you are a long-awaited addition to our family. You are the first grandchild of your Mommy and Daddy, the first Baby Boy Serrano and the latest among the cousins from your Papa’s side eleven years after your Ate Geli and Ate Gela were born. Don’t be surprised by all the extra attention you would be getting!


No comments:

Post a Comment