Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Maternity Kit

Dear Baby P,

When I finally became free of unnecessary worries about being pregnant while just getting started with my new job, I asked advice from my employer’s HR department on how I can formally notify DKS about my pregnancy. The HR personnel promptly advised me to ask for a maternity kit from their reception, and all information and steps I needed to do would be written there. And so I did.


I was surprised to see how cute this maternity kit was! I couldn’t wait to get home and show it to your Papa. We read the contents of the kit, went over the list of requirements and copies of forms, and then the special maternal coaching program of my organization. Your Papa and I both felt like I landed in the right path. My new organization is indeed highly supportive of its pregnant employees that its special program for maternal coaching covers even beyond pregnancy stage. I couldn’t help but thank God for giving me a feeling of being saved by grace. My pregnancy was not to be compromised in vain with my career.

I really used to want to be a simple housewife so I could focus on taking care of you and watching you grow. But God helped me find a way to not turn away from opportunities that I know would benefit both you and me. Maybe I was just disillusioned from the wrong belief that there was no fair work-life balance in a private institution, based on my previous work experience. God knew better and gave me a big light of hope. With God’s blessing of a decent living without compromising precious time with family, your Papa and I finally had renewed energy to work hand in hand for your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment