Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Preggy care & things I've been doing

Dear Baby P,

I have been a very cheerful person (very seldom moody), but I was very serious about my first pregnancy. I wanted to do everything right for my body and for you, my first baby.


Living healthy is not a new concept to me, because your Daddy has long been very health-conscious and he has greatly influenced me on that kind of behavior. It was not a hard task for me to improve my diet now that I’m sharing my food intake with you, except for resisting my favorite foods that are no-no’s for pregnant women. I will talk about it in another post.

As Doc Meneses would advise, I would need to make fruits and vegetables the lead stars in my meals. And yes, your Mommy and Daddy would cook veggies for me, and I would eat an apple a day. I also stay away from fatty, salty and sugary foods like I always did when I was working out, and I also eat oatmeal and unsweetened whole grain cereals for weekend breakfasts. Your Mommy and Daddy also cook lunch for our baon too, so I know that what I’m eating is safe. If the viand of my packed lunch is pure meat, I buy veggies from the office cafeteria to complement my protein and carbohydrate intake. And of course, I take prenatal vitamins and drink maternal formula milk to supplement for your daily nutritional needs.

Aside from the food, I am also conscious about my skin care. I learned from research studies linked online that the chemicals applied to human skin is being absorbed in the bloodstream, which means it could be harmful to babies in pregnant women. I learned about those studies when I was just starting to grow fond of makeup art. Even before I got pregnant, I had already invested in organic skin care products. This means I use products that are paraben-free, and free of all other chemicals. My facial wash and creams, bath soaps, and body lotions and creams, are all 100% organic. Hooray for you, you’re safe from chemical exposure through my skin!

Where I purchase all my organic body products

But there were special occasions during my pregnancy that I would need to put on makeup. The good thing was, I used only mineral makeup, which is relatively safer for pregnant women. Don’t worry Baby P, those special occasions happen once a month in average.

I know that a healthy diet and a natural or organic approach to skin care is best whether or not a person is pregnant. I was lucky to have started this kind of lifestyle barely a year before I conceived. I was doing it for myself, but it was like I was also preparing myself to come clean before you could live inside my body!

But it does not end in diet and skin care alone. There are other special things I as a pregnant woman can do to improve my well-being and of course, yours. I wanted to connect with you even while you’re still inside my body. My best friend in these times of curiosity was the internet, specifically pregnancy websites.

My pregnancy & parenting online information sources:
ParenTIN.tv, BabyCenter.com, 3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com

I get updated with how you are developing every week, and what featured suggested activities for pregnant women there are, by reading my favorite pregnancy websites. When I learned that the end of the first trimester means a great decline in risk of miscarriage and a safe time for being active, I started looking for pregnancy exercise videos. Yes, I particularly enjoyed belly dancing because I learned that babies love being swayed gently even while they’re in their mommies’ bellies. And when I learned that your hearing was in the process of developing, I played classical music and Frank Zappa instrumentals for you to hear, and to somehow contribute to your intelligence as studies suggest. Your Mama is a musically inclined person, and I am so thrilled to connect with you through music! Your kicks make me smile and think you enjoy listening to the music as much as I do.

My favorite classical and instrumental albums for prenatal relaxation

And it still doesn’t end there. These are just the things I have been doing by myself. Your Papa and I are cooking up more things to do together before your grand entrance to the world, and you can read them in my subsequent posts. It is a must for me to maximize my time with your Papa, so I’m making plans for our dating life too. We’re too excited to see you, our dear Baby P, that we have to keep ourselves busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment