Friday, February 3, 2012

Your Mama and Papa's Honeymoon


Dear Baby P,

One ordinary day, your Papa got lucky as he was able to book four zero-fare seats to Hong Kong. Your Papa initially booked me, himself, your Ate Gela and Ate Geli. When I learned about this, I decided to book your Mama Myr, Ate Ding, Ate Che and Tita Vicky, also with the zero-fare seats. The date of the trip was October 17, and the booking was made months before you were conceived.



Fast forward to the news in August 30 about you who are about to come into this world, your Papa and I decided to get married right before the Hong Kong trip so that it would be convenient for your Papa’s family from Bicol who would visit Manila to attend the wedding and then to fly for the Hong Kong vacation. And so the date of the wedding was October 15.
 

On my last visit to Doc Meneses before the wedding and the trip, I asked permission from her if I could fly in my first trimester. Given that I did not have any complications, she allowed me to enjoy the vacation but advised me to take ample rest as much as I could, by taking breaks in between long walks. She also prescribed me with medicines for abdominal pain.

I was glad that I could join the trip, because I had been to Hong Kong before with your Mommy and uncle Jake, and I really wanted to go back there to show your Papa and the family around by just commuting. The transportation system in Hong Kong is very efficient, and it would be of great savings to commute and to stay in a hostel instead of joining group tours and staying in hotels. Ask your Papa, he praised me for my budgeting skills! Thanks as well to your Tito Wiwi for sponsoring your Mama Myr and Ate Che.

The original head count for the trip was eight, but only six of us were able to join the trip. Your Ate Ding was not able to secure a passport, and your Tita Vicky was not allowed by her employer. Actually, there were seven of us, the seventh one was you!

October 17, 2011 was a Monday. Only I, your Papa and the twins were the ones to fly on that day. Your Mama Myr and Ate Che would follow the next day because there were no more zero-fare seats for October 17 when I tried to book for that date. The first batch where I was in, arrived in Hong Kong in the evening. The next day was a full day at Hong Kong Ocean Park. It was a first time for all four of us, plus you. The twins were just ten years old. They enjoyed discounted ticket prices for children below 12 years, on all the entrance fees and public transportation.  While you in my womb enjoyed the entire trip for free!


On that evening after we came back to the hostel exhausted from the Ocean Park trip, your Mama Myr and Ate Che arrived in Hong Kong. Your Mama Myr enjoyed discounted ticket prices for senior citizens, while your Ate Che enjoyed the child fare for public transportation because she was mistaken to be a child!

The next day was Hong Kong Disneyland day. I have a family picture with your Papa, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and you!




The last day of our trip was in Victoria Harbour and Victoria Peak. We left for Manila on that evening.


Your Mama Myr was very mindful of my safety, but thank God I was alright throughout the whole trip, and we all enjoyed the wonderful family experience! It was a honeymoon and family getaway after the wedding. Your Mama Myr sort of predicted that you would become an avid traveler because of my endurance in walking around the entire Hong Kong! This was your first vacation, Baby P! Although you have not seen Hong Kong with your eyes, at least you have already been there! Your Papa and I can’t wait to travel the world again with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment