Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Music scene flashback: Para Sa ‘Yo, Isko! 2006

“Para Sa Iyo! Isko” or PSI is a free concert event dedicated to UP students, and is organized UP Sigma Delta Pi Sorority. This was my first PSI experience as a Diliman chapter resident, and I was in junior year. I was thrilled to see old PSI pictures where Eraserheads was one of the bands who used to play for PSI during the early nineties.

My sisses with Ira and Bamboo
.

With Alphy, Januarie and Dino of Brownman Revival

Our partner radio station was 103.5 K-Lite (now reformatted to 103.5 Wow FM), who in part provided the major bands through their sponsors. The bands I remember they provided were Brownman Revvial and Bamboo. We were also able to get bands from a friend who is affiliated with Sonic Boom Productions, and the bands I remembered so far were Subscapular, Switch, Anggulo, The Ambassadors, and Hilera. Of course, UP-based bands like Kiko Machine and bands from UP Music Circle and UP Underground Music Community would not be missed.

With Rod of Subscapular

<3
I was not able to experience the whole event as part of the audience, because of the errands I had to do backstage. This day was memorable to me because of my then budding romance with the husband. J

No comments:

Post a Comment