Monday, February 13, 2012

Preggers just wanna have fun!

Dear Baby P,

I write to you this post on my 29th week of pregnancy, where I have finally entered our third trimester together. I just wanted to recall the fun I’ve had during my second trimester, which I could say was my most comfortable period of our nine-month journey.

As early as 12 weeks, I had the courage to fly and travel despite the rule of thumb that the 14th week is the earliest ideal time for a pregnant woman to fly. But since our doctor allowed me to still travel, I decided to join your Papa, Mama Myr, Ate Che, Ate Gela and Ate Geli to Hong Kong in October 2011 . Thank God I was very much alright after my following consultation with Doc Meneses.

HK with twins Geli and Gela

As I have told you before about my late fascination for dolling up with makeup, I had stopped applying chemical products to my body ever since I learned that I was pregnant. Putting on makeup for special occasions was one of the things I miss doing. So I became extra careful in choosing which products to use. I stopped using cosmetics in my collection where parabens are one of the ingredients, and I used mineral makeup instead.

There were only a few instances where I put on makeup and dressed up: a concert, a masquerade ball, a wedding, and a New Year’s Eve dinner.

I actually had a hard time in convincing your Papa to allow me to go to the Children of Bodom concert in Amoranto Theater. The concert happened in November 2011 and I was 17 weeks pregnant. I was lucky to be provided a monobloc chair and was still able to have a good view of the scene.

Children of Bodom at Amoranto Theater, clockwise from left: Children of Bodom on stage, my belly at 17 weeks pregnant, Alexi Laiho on vocals and lead guitar, Papa and I

The next event I attended went the other way around, where it was your Papa who convinced me to attend. It was my company’s masquerade ball which was also a charity event, where it was optional to buy raffle tickets. He convinced me to buy five tickets at PhP 100 each, because he wanted me to win any of the major prizes. The prizes your Papa wanted me to win was an iPad 2 or a Sony Bravia. He believed I had a good chance in winning because pregnancy is believed to be a lucky charm. I attended the event in Sofitel Manila but didn’t win any of the prizes your Papa wanted. But I had no regrets because I had so much fun with my colleagues at the party! It was December 17 and I was 21 weeks pregnant, and fabulous.
 
My colleagues and I at the DKS Masquerade Ball in Sofitel

Just a few days after the party, I dressed up again for my sorority sister’s wedding in Caleruega Church. It is a special one because the bride Angel is also my sorority batchmate in our UP Manila chapter. Your Papa drove from Quezon City to Nasugbu, Batangas for me and my batchmate sister, Jyrine. Because we never got the chance to receive the invitation card, I didn’t know that the color theme of the wedding was black and red. My dress was too vibrant for the event! It was still a fun night because we got the chance to reunite with our UP Manila brothers and sisters, plus the wedding was sophisticatedly beautiful, and the food was great! The reception was at Chilline in Tagaytay.

Angel and Carlo's wedding at Caleruega Church in Nasugbu

The last time I dressed up a bit was for the New Year’s Eve dinner with your Papa, Mommy and Daddy at Edsa Shangri-La. I was at my 24th week of pregnancy. Yes, I ate a lot on that night because the buffet was really expensive! I hope you didn’t mind, Baby P.

I wanted to somehow feel beautiful even while pregnant, and wanted to look back on how fabulous I have been despite the lump on my belly and some extra weight I gained. I had so much fun in these occasions and I know it would positively affect you in my womb.  I hope that like me and your Papa, you would also become a cheerful person with positive outlook in life.  You, your Papa and I will go a long way in sharing fun times together. We love you Baby P!


No comments:

Post a Comment